Monday, February 5, 2007

StyleLife Challenge Day 2

Task 1

In all honesty there is no way I am going to be able to NOT shower for multiple days. I know this may seem like some lame-girl thing...but in all honesty for health reasons I need to shower at least every 2 days. I have a skin problem and it gets really bad during the winter and I need to wash my skin. PERIOD. Call me lame. I could go without make-up...maybe that is a female equivalent to the male's not showering. I love make-up so it will be a stretch for me...and it will be good to see how people respond to me with out make-up.

Task 2

Ummm...I didn't remove any hair...I usually save my armpits and remove excess hair from my upper lip, brow line, and chin...I guess I can forgo that for this experiment.

Task 3

I printed the mission list and started to fill it out...It felt corny or superficial. I wish there were some questions to help me get a little deeper.

Task 4

I listened to the tape last night. I actually let it play in the background has I was doing other stuff. Then right before bed I actually listened to it and did what it was saying. I let it keep playing all night while I was sleeping. I was hoping it would soak into my unconscious. I keep letting it play while I was getting ready in the morning...I'll listen to it again, just before bed and let it play all night.

Task 5

I watch the posture video. I thought it was a bit weird. But I laid on the floor with my head on a book for 15 minutes. I really paid attention to my posture all day. I noticed that I normally walk around with my chin down. Today I walked around with my chin parallel with the ground. It felt weird because I had to look down with my eyes. I don't know if this makes sense but I know I looked much more confident today. But my back hurt like hell. Maybe I am not doing it properly. I'll rewatch the video again.

Task 6

I realized that my small talk yesterday didn't actually count because I was asking for restaurant recommendations, etc. I made small talk with several people today.

1) An Asian girl in the bathroom (at the sink), she had brown eyes and we talked about make-up (I love make-up).
2) I talked to a blonde girl with blue eyes in my class. It's a big class and I've never talked to her before. We talked about the weather (I said the groundhog must have seen his shadow because it's hot in California). We also talked about the report that is due in class.
3) Short Latin girl walking with brown eyes. I asked if she was studying for midterms. She was.
4) Asian girl at copy machine (very dark brown eyes) I was talking about the air conditioner.
5) Old lady on the bus with hazel brown/green eyes. This was the highlight of my day. We talked until she had to get off the bus...we talked about a lot of stuff: school, writing, weather, her family, etc.

I talked to a bunch of other people but it wasnt "small" talk. Like I asked to pet a man's dog, I asked people questions, etc.

I got yelled at by a man in an elevator. He was outside the elevator and he kept pushing the button...which stopped the elevator from going anywhere. I told him "the elevator will go up if you stop pushing the button". He was highly offended by me and told me "You can hold the elevator" Then he asked me where my PhD was. I told him I was an undergrad. He was extremely hostile towards me. I tried to defuse it with being kind. I told him I didn't mean to be rude. He said I was. I said I didn't mean to. He said "You should say excuse me." I said "excuse me". He said "you're excused". I said "Thank you, have a nice day". It was really weird.

P.S.
I got a call from a friend who is a newbie, I call him Yakuza. He said he was sarging alone at Barnes&Noble and he was striking out. After I listened to him. I tried to give him some advice that I hope will help. I told him to use false-time restraints and to listen to the mindmapping auto to erase the bad experience from his mind. I hope that helped him.

No comments: