Monday, February 12, 2007

My Female Advice to those doing StyleLife Challenge

TrainWrecker and anyone else having trouble,

I am making this advice public just in case it will help anyone else. I am here to help and give support. I am NOT an expert; I am just a caring individual who wants to see guys succeed. Why you might ask. Because if guys succeed then women succeed. It's that simple. My advice is this:

DO NOT EVER GIVE UP.

Here are some more tips:

Mind-shaping audio:

Listen to the mind-shaping audio every day. Hell, I let it play while I was sleeping for 2 night in a row. Let it sink in. Let it play even when you're not doing the exercise (as background noise). BUT make sure you're doing the exercise too. Do it right before you go out at night and do it right after you get back. Think of the worst part of the night and use that example during the mind-shaping exercise. Give it your full effort. Force yourself to really do it, FULLY. This is meant to build confidence.

Positive-self talk

I am a god. People love me. I glow and radiate charisma and charm. I stand out from everyone else around me. Talking to me is a privilege. I deserve the best the world has to offer. It’s all out there, waiting for ME to take it.

Commit these statements to memory. I memorized them in one day. When ever a negative thought pops into your head repeat one, any, or all of these (or other) positive statements to yourself.

If a HB10 blows you out. Say to yourself "People love me" or "Talking to me is a privilege. She just revoked her privilege." or which ever one makes you feel better. I've done this consistently for the last week, it's helped my stress level and it's helped me feel more confident in social situations.

Your thoughts are very powerful. You can choose to have negative thoughts and they will have a negative impact on your life or you can choose positive thoughts and they will have a positive impact on your life. The point is that you choose. It's difficult at first to recognize or change negative thoughts but take the first step by just acknowledging those negative thoughts and replacing them with something positive.

Visualization:

Again, the power of the mind is incredibly profound. I love to reference Captain Jack's blog.

Do a similar exercise before going out at night. But this time imagine the night the way you want to it to go. See yourself. What are you doing? Where are you? What does your body language look like? What does your smile look like? Who are you with? Make sure there are HBs in your visualization (if that's what you want and I am assuming it is). Visualize the energy from the mind-shaping audio in your visualization of the night. See the energy going 30 feet into the air and expanding all around you. Open a few sets in your visualization. Remember to approach at an angle (ask over your shoulder). Read TenMagnet's blog of an example.

I know it takes more time and energy to do these exercises but ANYTHING worth doing in life or doing anything well in life take more time and energy to do. It's well worth the time and energy you put into it. If you don't believe me, take the time and energy to prove me wrong.

I have more advanced advice but I need to get going before I'm late for class. Please stay tuned. I do NOT want to see anyone give up and I don't want to see anyone defer this for a week. We're here to support you through this.

No comments: