Sunday, February 11, 2007

Peacocking

Another thing I like about what the Pick-up Artists do is called "Peacocking". It's basically a theory (which I'll probably butcher the meaning) that is based off of male peacock mating rituals.

Male peacocks (like most male birds) are more attractive looking than their female counterparts. When peacocks want to mate they put themselves at great risk by displaying their beautiful tail feathers. This is a display that conveys to the female that not only is the male peacock attractive, he is also able to survive well even though his attractive qualities can put him in harms way.

The theory as it relates to man is, if a guy can be flashy he is sub-communicating that he is able to survive even with his flashy ways. This sometimes gets jumbled up into strange outfits or crazy accessories. But when done well, by an experienced PUA, it comes together very well.

A well peacocked outfit consists of fashion that conveys a visual narrative about the person. And usually involved well fitting clothes and congruent accessories.

There is plenty of advice and commentary on the subject available online. I just wanted to add my 2 cents to the discussion.

I love a fashionable man. I love a man who takes time with his appearance and who has a strong identity to convey through his fashion. And I love a man that can wear jewelery.

I stumbled upon a website, JustMetal, that offers unique men's jewelery at great prices. I have bought some stuff from this company for my Ex-boyfriend, before we broke up a few years ago. He still wears the jewelery and it still looks great.


Titanium Jewelry for Mens

No comments: