Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Things I can live without: hairy men

I know it's a huge trend right now but I do NOT like it. This blog was prompted by one of Sinn's resent blog posts and the comments left by other men. I'd leave a comment on his blog but that's his playground and this is mine.

Sinn is very fashionable. He gets it. He understands the importance of staying well groomed even if it's time consuming or painful. Women do it all the time and they can appreciate when a guy does it some of the time. And besides I hate all that hair anyways.

I hate these shaggy beards that are so popular. I don't know one guy who looks better with a beard, not one (unless he's ugly then maybe he looks better covered by hair). Some chicks dig it, well I guess that's cool but this is my blog and I say SHAVE IT ALREADY.

excess hair is gross, it traps bacteria, and stinks. Remove it from you brow, your jaw line, your back, your chest, your "package" area, from everywhere besides your head. And if you have long hair, cut that shit too. Long hair looks awful on most men. If you look like you're in an 80's heavy metal band you look outdated and socially clueless.

Some facial hair is ok. It depends on the guy or on the design. But I still think less is more. I'd rather see a handsome face than see it buried under a bunch of hair. If a guys has a beard, I assume he's either lazy or he's insecure. Either way, not worth my time.

But I notice guys usually wait until you've been dating them for a while then they slowly start to shave less. That's not cool. How would you like it if I did that to you. Or better yet, how would you like it if I cut my hair ultra short after we've been dating for a little while. Not cool, right? Than do me a favor and remove it.

I spend a great deal of time removing excess hair, so I don't want to hear any guy complain that it takes too much time. Buck up and grab the razor.

I don't want to hear the evolutionary defense that if women didn't like it humans would have been extinct by now because men didn't have razors in the olden days. Women didn't have razors either back then, now we do. And I can't believe there is any man who would like a hairy chick over her non-hairy counterpart. Or wait, do you think this is one of those things you can have a double standard about? I don't think so. You want a girl to shave her legs, keep her pussy hair trimmed and removed excess hair from her upper lip, than you should be kind enough to do the equivalent.

I don't want to hear any of this "We didn't make the world; We only live in it" bullshit. You live in it and therefore you contribute to it. Perpetuating double standards is just as bad as creating them. So make an appointment with the threader or waxer today.

And as far as people calling Sinn a wussy, I'd have to say compare the results. Who's pulling home more chicks consistently? The well-groomed guy or his hairy counterpart? Being a wussy is being effected by manly peer pressure instead of doing what works to bringing home the ladies. Remember what's attractive is being the leader of men....not being the follower of them. And if you shave, you're preselected by me, so there's two attraction switches flipped for shaving and not listening to other men (who probably bring home less women).

Ok, enough about my hair rant....shave damnit.

1 comment:

Rey said...

Hey this is just a shot in the dark but were you at one of the LA bootcamps in February? I was one of the students and there was this girl that Savoy invited there to help out. She was real cool and winged me in a bunch of sets. I can't remember her name though. But you seem to fit the bill. Me and her were both from the same Bay Area town and your from the Bay too from what I've read.

Anyway, I like your blog. I'm trying to write my own but I am REALLY bad at keeping it updated. I have a ton of blogs that I need to finish. Oh and while I'm leaving a comment on this blog I just want to say that I totally agree with you on the hair. I don't know how too many guys I know let that shit go out of control. I'm debating on whether to do the eyebrow waxing thing though...Well that's all I got to say. Let me know if that was you at Privelege. Later!

H