Monday, March 12, 2007

My younger brother is joining the game

I have mixed feeling about this.

My younger brother called me the other night, which is a rarity.

I'm usually the one to call him for technical support because he is formerly a Best Buy Geek Squad boy and he's almost a decade younger than me, so that means he's grown up with all this technology, literally at his fingertips.

So he called me to tell me he was accepted to be one of Style's 505 apprentices for an upcoming program. I am not currently aware of what Style is doing or what this program is. I'm sure it's legit, I just wish I could have known before he spent the money.

My brother told me he's using the name Glassjaw in the community.

Now, I probably shouldn't be surprised because I'm the one who told my brother about The Game and introduced him to the knowledge, that there is a community of men that helps other men find what they are looking for with women.

However, I haven't fully discussed with my brother the extend of my research or even that I, myself, was (briefly) participating in the StyleLife challenge.

When I went home for the holidays, I let him read through a bit of The Game after I was done reading it. I helped him sign-up for The Mystery Method OAP and encouraged him to look into it.

I did this mainly because he was going through a break-up with his girlfriend at the time and struggling with a girl he liked. The girl he liked was hot and she LJBFed him.

I never liked his girlfriend, from the first day I met her. And always felt he could do better.

The first day I met her, my mother took my brother, his girlfriend, and me out to dinner at our favorite family, Chinese, restaurant. Going to our favorite Chinese restaurant has been a family tradition with my Mom and my little brother for years. It started with my mom and my brother when they moved to Orange county from the Bay Area about 8-9 years ago.

Originally, I did not move with them because I wanted to stay close to my boyfriend at the time, Jealous Jason. But eventually Jealous Jason and I had some problems, so I moved to Orange County with my mother and my little brother. That's when they introduced me to what is now my most favoritest Chinese restaurant in the whole of the world (or at least out of every Chinese restaurant I've ever been to).

The place was amazing, the food was great, and the staff was so friendly and they always remembered us. Even years later my brother and I returned and they still remembered him.

It's also where we started the tradition of getting Flaming Po-Po platters and where I discovered, by accident, how yummy honey walnut shrimp is. Oh the nostalgia.

We didn't stay in Orange County for long and eventually we all moved back to the Bay Area. We eventually found a favorite Chinese restaurant in the town we lived in and continued the tradition.

So, on the first day of meeting my brother's new girlfriend, we're all at our restaurant, which is rooted in family tradition, and his girlfriend decided to tell us that: "I believe the guy should pay for everything."

My brother was still in high school and I found that statement to be a little absurd. Who the fuck says that to her new boyfriend's family the first time she meets them? Well, this girl does. And I took issue with it.

And from that point forward she didn't make herself look any better in my eyes. And being the kind of girl and sister that I am, I let her know it, often. My brother obviously deserved better.

So when he was going through his break with her, I was relieved and wanted to help him move on to better things. At the time, I thought telling him about the community was a good idea.

Now, I am not exactly sure.

Since coming back from the holiday, I've been doing a lot of research and learning a great deal about the community. People outside of the community often ask me why I'm interested in the community or they have some pre-conceived notion about the morality of those involved in the community.

I've spent a great deal of time defending this community and explaining my interests in being involved with such a group of guys. I explain to people that it's not fair to judge the community based off of its reputation alone and I always try to explain it in terms that are more positive to those that aren't familiar with the community. I still am met with great opposition in this regard, and my stance is still in support of a great majority of the community.

I truly believe my brother will do good things with the fundamentals and strategies he learns. He's good-hearted and very social already. I just think he needs some guidance in the art of attraction. Growing up with three females (our mom, our sister, and me) probably has had a bit of an unproductive effect on his attraction skills.

We've tried our best to help him but, God knows, women aren't the best at articulating what women really want. I've learned more about helping men, in this area, in the last several months and hope to be of assistance to him and my friends. But in no way do I consider myself a reliable source at the moment. There's only so much that can be learned from 'free' research.

My brother and I grew very close several years ago. Although there is a large age difference between us, we have a lot in common (music, film, theatre, etc). I've welcomed him into my circle of friends and, again even though there's a difference in age, they've all taken to liking him because he's such a great guy. We'd gone to concerts together often and I remember taking a road trip with him to AZ to see our favorite band, Glassjaw (hence his name in the community).

I also remember clearly the first day we brought our (now deceased) dog, Homer, home from pound . Once in the back yard, Homer, who was probably 85lbs, ran around the yard like a free animal. He ended up barrelling into my brother, who was then very young and very small. Homer knocked my brother to the ground. It's sorta funny now because my brother is no longer little and towers over me by at least a foot. Awww...more nostalgia yet again.

I have faith that my brother will use his new found skills for positive things and I don't worry about him misusing his powers or women in any way. My main concern for him is not what he will do with other women. I am more concerned about other men.

He mentioned to me on the phone about wanting to meet Mystery and Style. And I am fearful he may begin to idolize a magician and a nose raper. I haven't met either of these two men, so I don't want to say a lot about this now. I recognize their contributions to this community and know without them neither I nor my brother would have found it.

But I am concerned for him and the influences he may be exposed to. I didn't discourage my brother from what he wanted but just gave him my personal opinion in regards to the matter. I also tried to frame him as a "good" person with integrity and honor. I know I can't control him (nor do I wish to) and I have no desire to tell him what he can and cannot do. He's an adult and free to do as he will.

I just wish him well and hope he makes good decisions and isn't negatively influenced by the "man drama" in this community.

If you run across him, say 'hi' and welcome him kindly, with open arms. He's a good kid (young man).

With trepidation I write these words.

5 comments:

Marc said...

Ana,

I can understand your fears and trepidation about your brother integrating the community into his life. The fact of the matter is, there ARE going to be those that will bring a certain measure of corruption to something that many see as a pure source of (to some, sorely needed) information. Of course, if you trust in your brother's decisions and his judgement, then you should have nothing to worry about. If you know that he will not be one of those men who misuses his knowledge for (only) his own personal gain then you have done right in showing him the way.

The idea of idolizing Style and Mystery is quite easy, especially when first getting into the "game". I don't really find anything wrong with looking up to them, as long as it is just that. They are just people after all, albeit those with vast amounts of experience and knowledge in the field of attraction/seduction. Wanting to meet them would not be wrong, as long as the goal is to learn from them, and not to put them up on a pedestal and worship them.

You seem to have strong ties with your brother and he obviously values your opinions and advice if you've been able to guide him this far in the community. Continue to offer him your advice and guidance in the community (and out of it, of course) and watch over him. He will do fine, if not better.

Best of luck to you both in this,
~Prizm~

Ana Renee Jones said...

Prizm,

Thanks for for comment. I'll do my best to make sure he doesn't end up worshiping human idols. He wants a guru to take him under his wing (as a wing). I just hope he doesn't get involved with the wrong guys.

I don't believe luck has anything to do with this game. I've said it before this game relies more on skills than luck.

So continued skills,
Ana

Matt said...

Ana,

I almost signed up for Style's 505 apprentice program but I couldn't bring myself to commit the amount of money he was asking. From what I've read it sounds like an amazing program though. I think your brother will be in good hands.

I've also recently given my copy of The Game to my younger brother. I'm not attempting to push him into the community; I'm just given him a bread crumb to find his own way if he chooses. I think it's best for him to figure this part of his life out for himself. As I always say, you can't make people change, they have to do it for themselves.

Good Skills,
-Matt

Ana Renee Jones said...

Matt,

That's reassuring. I am now wondering how much it cost. My brother made it seem like it was not that much, like maybe a hundred or so. Which doesn't seem that bad when some of the e-books are being sold for around $70.

I just wish I would have known before hand, I could have given him some advice. I'm biased toward The Mystery Method products and would have liked to see him do his first thing in that camp but he's his own person, I can't force him to do what I want him to do.

Now if I can just find a way to convince him to go back to school, I'd be happy. Returning to school is one of the best things I've ever done.

Take care,
Ana Renee Jones

ITotem said...

It's quite inspiring to see you take care of your brother in such ways :)

Style has a good program. I'm not signed up in his Academy but from watching his videos, I sense a good vibe to him.

If you want to push your brother into going back to school... there ARE ways to do that :) You need to learn more about other beliefs/techniques in the Seduction Community. I don't want you to think i'm advertising for someone else since you are closely tied with The Mystery Method (who are great by the way), but I got a newsletter from theApproach recently that talked about using the VAC model of attraction to motivate a guy's sister to apply for the internship she really wanted.