Sunday, March 11, 2007

I've been dumped, I'm penny less, and my dog just died

No joke. I know it sounds like a country song title or something but I have not been paid in nearly 4 months and I have barely any money to my name at the moment. This hopefully will be settled this week and I will feel a lot less financial stress and can start to pay debts I have.

Things aren't working out with the guy I really like but it's my fault. I really don't want to discuss this any further in this post but I am sadden by the current situation nonetheless.

And my mom just called me to tell me that our family dog, Homer, passed away last night. He was very old, probably 17 years old, by our best estimates. We have had him for nearly 15 years and I know everyone says this about their dog, but he truly was the best dog ever.

He was a large (85lbs in his prime) beautiful golden retriever and chow chow mix. He was kind and gentle. And I remember the day we picked him up from the pound very clearly. He was the only dog not barking. Which I thought maybe meant he was deaf or dumb or something. He clearly was not deaf, because he would later bark when ever he heard the door bell or some other noises at our house. Whether or not he was dumb is debatable, however, and I remember we named him Homer because of the "doh" expression he had when we got him into the car at the pound; it was much like a Homer Simpson's reaction.

We all knew he was getting ready to pass on because he was deteriorating lately but that doesn't make it any more easy to handle. I am just glad he's not suffering anymore and I'll miss him dearly.

R.I.P.
Homer
3/10/2007

No comments: