Saturday, March 10, 2007

Framing in politics and pick-up artistry

Pick-up artists could benefit from exploring George Lakoff's framing concepts. As far as I know his framing concepts were developed in his linguistics work and then transfered into his political work.

The concept is very similar to framing in the seduction community, however, there is much to be gained from further insight into his theories. Here's an sample article of his work:

http://www.rockridgeinstitute.org/projects/strategic/simple_framing

I found this while researching my communication studies project and it was inspired by Sinn's work on framing.

Google can produce further resources for those who are interested.

Can anyone tell me why renown linguistic experts turn into political advocates? Chomsky was a renown linguists too before jumping into political and propaganda commentary, wasn't he? (I think I've been studying too hard, I am discussing intellectual bullshit on my blog now. I guess it beats personal drama).

On a side note:

I've just reached the minimum word count on my project, so now all I have to is make sure I've covered all my bases and polish it up. I'll be glad when it's over, my research has caused more trouble than I would have like it to.


Back to my studies.

No comments: