Sunday, April 8, 2007

More comments from readers

I've received several comments from my blog readers. Since they are scattered in comment section of topics unrelated to their comment, I'm going to address them here in their own post.

"Ana,

Just curious how you ended up doing on your project. You get a good grade? What did the professor think of it?"


Matt,

I don't know what grade I got on my project (yet) but I know I got a B- in the class. Which leads me to believe I got a good grade on the final and the paper because I did very poorly on my mid-term.

I'm going to email that professor and see if I can meet with him this week to discuss my project and to get it back from him and also to discuss any publishing possibilities with him. When I was I spring break I found a "free" book by Noam Chomsky (an author we studied in class) called "Profit over People". I may mention that to him because he seem interested in those sorts of things.

More importantly to me, I'm wondering what you think about my project. I've received very little feedback regarding it. So far, only two of my female friends have mention that they are very interested learning more and that they enjoyed my project. But other than that, I have NOT received very much feedback at all. So what do you think?

HeroiC said...

"Hey this is just a shot in the dark but were you at one of the LA bootcamps in February? I was one of the students and there was this girl that Savoy invited there to help out. She was real cool and winged me in a bunch of sets. I can't remember her name though. But you seem to fit the bill. Me and her were both from the same Bay Area town and your from the Bay too from what I've read.

Anyway, I like your blog. I'm trying to write my own but I am REALLY bad at keeping it updated. I have a ton of blogs that I need to finish. Oh and while I'm leaving a comment on this blog I just want to say that I totally agree with you on the hair. I don't know how too many guys I know let that shit go out of control. I'm debating on whether to do the eyebrow waxing thing though...Well that's all I got to say. Let me know if that was you at Privelege. Later!

H"

Hey Heroic,
I'm not trying to ignore you. I'm just very sensitive about keeping my identity concealed for the time being. This blog is very public and anyone can read it, so I avoid giving away information that can used to track me down, specifically. With that being said, I can't answer your specific question regarding my identity. I hope you understand.

However, I would encourage you to write a blog about your bootcamp experience. I would love to read it.

I'm also very interested in learning how to become a wing girl. There's so much to learn, it gets to be overwhelming at times. But I have learned "Have you seen Michelle?" Ha...and I think that's hilarious. I tried to explain this to my friends, we all had a laugh about it.

ITotem said...

"Inner Game is the set of beliefs you hold about yourself and the world around you. Without a strong set of core beliefs, you are easily influenced by the world around you. You can call inner gamer your "self-talk" if you will.

As far as calibration goes, I like that concept but to be honest with you, I prefer to think of being more socially self-aware, or even being more socially intelligent. Calibration implies that you are adjusting/reacting to someone else's reaction to you. This is what leads to reaction-seeking behavior when taken to the extreme because the PUA tries to meet the woman's approval.

Confident men don't calibrate per say. They just talk in ways that makes you feel comfortable with their values. They introduce things in a "situationally relevant" way. You both don't have to agree with each other's values but the fact that he can present his persona confidently to the woman in a non-offensive way makes him more attractive."

Hey ITotem,

Thanks for posting such a detailed comment on my blog. I appreciate your efforts. Since I've moved to L.A. I've been working on my own "inner game". I've been learning about core belief systems, self-talk, managing stress, relaxation, and other helpful things. The aspect of the community that interest me most would probably be intergame, then lifestyle, then fashion, and so on.

You're insight on calibration is interesting. My interest in this area topic is based mainly on what I've experienced and I've seen very little written about it (so far). I think my calibration post was also inspired by Sinn's Microcalibration post.

My personal experience with calibration was when I was with a guy and I asked him why he kept restricting my arm from moving while we were snuggling on the couch watching T.V. His first comment was "Because you need to be restrained." I found this very unique and intriguing and the look on my face must have tipped him off to the fact that I was not expecting such an answer (although I was fascinated by it). So he quickly said "I just want you to know I'm paying attention to you." That comment fascinated me just as much as the other and it really helped me understand calibration.

To me calibration is less about changing who you are as a person but it more about being "in the moment" enough to recognize small clues (facial expressions, eye movements, etc) and using those to help build more comfort. If something is said or done that makes a girl uncomfortable and the PUA doesn't mind making an adjustment to make the girl feel more comfortable, than I see nothing wrong with it.

I see it as an assertive thing ("I count, you count") not a approval-seeking thing. Although I can see how it could be used in a way that is not productive for the PUA (in the way you described it).

I've seen confident PUAs calibrate. I understand your comment and agree with parts of it. It was not specifically what I was referring to in my post but it's still a good comment nonetheless.

Thanks again for leaving a comment. I look forward to hearing more from you regarding different PUA related stuff.

Now, I really need to study. I know it's Easter but I don't want to fall behind in my studies. I hope you all have a great Easter and if you don't believe in Christ or celebrate Easter, I hope you have a great Sunday. Take care.

No comments: