Tuesday, April 10, 2007

This passage blows my f***ing mind!

Savoy's latest blog is a passage from Badboy Lifestyles (BBLS) latest e-book. My gut reaction wasn't pretty. I felt my first cringe of criticism when Savoy gave his little disclaimer in his introduction of the excerpt; "I don't agree with every single word".

The title of the section gave me hope; "Think for yourself". It's something we should all strive for. It's definitely a perpetual goal of mine and when I read those words in bold print, I know I'd be using that advice as I read the rest of the passage.

First Paragraph; I couldn't agree more. Bravo! It's about time someone said that out loud. Now if we could only get that to be a universally accept statement, we'd all be happier, right? It's about time fairy tales (and movies) and society wise up and start dispensing some reality into this theatrical non-fiction we call life. Life doesn't end "happily ever after". So drop the guise.

Second Paragraph; spot on once again. So far so good. I can dig this.

Most Common Bullshit Ideas:

1) Paragraph one; Now this is where I think the excerpts sorta misses the mark. It gets most of it right but there seems to be something missing. Here's what's right in this paragraph: I do HATE nice guys. But I also hate the word "nice" because it implies just what BBLS describes beautifully; boring. "Nice" is something someone says when they don't know what else to say. If someone describes a guy to me as "nice", I'm not interested. PERIOD. It means they couldn't think of anything better to say about him, which either means they don't know him that well or worse, he could really truly be "nice" (which means there's not to say about him). It means he's not known to be an Axe murderer but there's nothing else that distinguishing about him either.

Still paragraph one of this section; But then I come to this quote: "This is not to say you have to be an asshole to get girls but did you ever ask yourself, why are many beautiful women are attracted to the jerk or the badboy?" And I start to think for myself (which the section heading instructed to do) and I think to myself (by myself). "I'm a beautiful women" but I am not attracted to 'jerks' and 'badboys'. And then I think for myself a little bit more and I wonder. "I'm I that different from most beautiful women? I don't think so. Most of my girlfriends are beautiful women and none of them are attracted to 'jerks' or 'badboys'. In fact, I don't know of personally any beautiful woman that is actually attracted to those kinds of guys. I mean, I've heard of these women but I've never really known one of them personally. Maybe they're urban legends. No, they can't be urban legends, can they? "

And then I wonder; "Are there really ONLY three types of men in this world "nice guys" (yuck), jerks (ugh), and badboys (double ugh)? There's got to be some sort of highbred nice-jerk-bad guy-boy or something in the middle, right? I could probably think through most of the guys I've ever dated and honestly say that not very many of them could be considered a jerk or a badboy. Some may have been called "nice" but it usually wasn't because they were nice in the sense of the word that we already covered. Most of them would be considered somewhere in the middle. Something I like to consider a good guy or a hero

A good guy has integrity. He tries to do what's right at all times even when it's difficult (he doesn't always succeed but he never fails to try). He's assertive ("I count; you count"). He's independent, compassionate, witty, wise, and "some kind of wonderful". A hero has all the adventure of the badboy but without the attitude. And most of all he's balanced. His knows the distinction between too much and too little excitement, predictability, fun, seriousness; and he pulls it all off with class and style. While stirring up those oh-so-important emotions.

Paragraph two in the section: "It's sad, but true, that sometimes the more you disrespect them, the more they like you." This sentence should be removed from existence FOREVER! Ugh, NO! Wrong! Try again. Sorry. Think that over some more, please. A good guy/hero does NOT need to disrespect anyone to get what he wants, especially a woman he's romantically/sexually involved with. To disrespect a woman to get sex, is to disrespect yourself. I don't know what direction was intended by this statement but I can't agree with it regardless of what arguments anyone may have. And I'm not saying that disrespect doesn't happen, it does but to purposely use it to manipulate a situation is what gives PUA a bad name in the first place and it's CHEAP! If you're smart enough to get into our pants, you can at least be respectful about it.

"So don't be afraid to be more selfish" Change the work "self" to assertive ("I count";You count") then maybe I'd agree but this world doesn't need anymore selfishness that it already has.

I don't see anything wrong with seeking happiness and surrounding yourself with people who make you happy. But is this selfish mindset the only successful mindset of advanced seducers. Aren't there other "frames" that can get strong results?

Paragraph three: I can agree to most of that but I prefer to go without the hate and the pain. I'm not into those sorts of emotions.

[I'll have to finish this post another time. It's late and I'm tired now. And I have class in the morning. 11:47p.m. and in true fashion this post will remain unedited until I can get around to reading it over and making corrections. Enjoy]

No comments: