Tuesday, April 10, 2007

things I Cannot Live Without: Euphemisms [or morning toast]

"Morning Toast" is a euphemism for the first bowel movement of the day. This blog post is going to be a figurative euphemism (morning toast) for crap is spew out in this blog. It's early and this is my first metaphorical bowel movement of the day.

Euphemisms are great. I love them. In fact, I pride myself on using them and coming up with new ones. Although I have to admit, there is one type of euphemism I hate and that's military euphemisms.

War is ugly and I personally do not think it needs to be sugar coated at all. If more people with discussing the tragic reality of war, maybe more people would be against unjust and falsified war (especially the non-constitutional war we're in right now). I don't want to turn my blog into a political shit fest, so I leave this topic alone for now.

My favorite kinds of euphemisms are sexual in nature. Sexual acts, anatomy, and other related topics are great sources of colorful alternative language. I particularly like calling a man's anatomy, "package".

Example:
Guys are funny when it comes to their packages.

It's true. They have names and different euphemisms for address their packages. It's cute. Each guy has his own style regarding this topic. And it's always fun in new relationships to see how a guy handles his package.

Well, enough naughty talk for now. I got to get back to studying. Today's Morning Toast was brought to you by the radio.

No comments: