Sunday, January 27, 2008

Amazon's Online Reader Upgrade service

Amazon has an upgrade service that allows customers to get, immediately and indefinitely, a digital version of selected books that they buy through Amazon (not outside vendors). I got Crucial Conversations that way. I was hoping to get Stephen King's on writing that way but it's not available yet.

Here's a feedback form I filled out on Amazon:
I'm looking to submit feedback regarding Amazon Online Reader but I can't find the appropriate location or method for doing so. Please helps. I really like this feature and have loved using it for the one online book I've found to purchased with that upgrade feature. I'm a person with a painful disability and I find reading books more and more difficult. A lot of my books, especially for school -- I'm a senior at UCLA-- get converted into digital format to be used in Kurzweil a software program that offers their digital pre-programed services to those who need assistance reading; it reads for them. That software program is sort of like what your online service allows me but your service lacks a computer-generated reader who dictates to me. I haven't figure out if your service is compatible with their service yet but I'm interested to find out. I'd also like to recommend that Stephen King's on writing be rendered into your online format too. I would love to have a digital copy of that book, as of now I just bought the soft-cover version of it on amazon and I had bought the audio version from audibles.com previously.

No comments: