Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Guilty Pleasures: Food

I genuinely believe the the advice the PUAs give for self improvement is good and most people could benefit from improving themselves. One thing the PUAs encourage is developing a whole identity (being a well-rounded person). I am going to round my blog out with a list of my guilty pleasures.

I pride myself off of my guilty pleasure and I have many of them which I hold near and dear. Some of which go against social norms. However, my first guilty pleasure is social acceptable; food.

I love food. It's sorta surprising I don't weigh more but I keep myself busy during the days and eat relatively well (sorta). For a student on a limited budget I think I eat surprisingly well. I hate to cook for just one person, so general I just eat thing that I can warm up or eat as is.

Roasted chicken, with raw carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and mango slices is a typical dinner for me at home. In the mornings I generally eat smoked salon with cream cheese on toast. And I usually eat a salmon dish at school with vegetables and herb (roasted or cheese smashed) potatoes. This is a pretty average day of me eating.

Unless I eat out then I will probably get a salmon (I love salmon) over a garden salad from California Fresh or maybe scrambled eggs with ham mixed in with roasted herb potatoes and French bread from the French Bakery.

But sometimes I am bad, like today for lunch I am eating KFC Tuesday $1.99 special...two pieces of chicken, a side, and biscuit just for $2.15 with tax. Yummmmmy.

I love saving money on food. And if I had any advice for the PUAs, I would suggest shopping at Trader Joe's. Because they have low prices and great food (and if you don't like something you buy, you can bring it back). Plus you get the added bonus of impressing some of the HBs with your worldly tastes.

Other food-related guilty pleasures:

~Trader Joe's: Flaxseed chips with peach salsa
~Jamba Juice: Mega Mango 16oz with immunity boost
~Carl's Jr: Guacamole $6 burger
~ McDonald's: fruit-to-go
~Jack-in-the-box: breakfast burrito
~Starbucks: Tall Soy Chai Latte with proper amount of water and carmel sauce in the cup.
~Sushi: Philly roll

1 comment:

Matt said...

Yea, Salmon is f*cking tasty! My specialty dish is dijon honey baked salmon fillets:P