Thursday, January 25, 2007

Field Report: "This shit is going to change my life".

Field Report: 1/25/07

Today I presented my paper topic to my class. The topic is based on a subculture of men who teach other men how to score with beautiful women (the seduction community). Everyone seemed to love my topic.

I don't know all that much currently about the methods and techniques but I think I have an understanding of the some of the basics. I felt confident enough in my proposal and was happy to address the class today, which is made up of mostly Average Frustrating Chumps (AFCs). I've done some research. But nothing prepared me for the reaction I got today during and after class.

I had my 60 year-old professor asking why some women seem offended when guys ask them out for coffee. At first I wasn't sure what to say. I tried to explain to him the concept of "bitch shield". The class all of a sudden wanted to know how to "get through the shield" (or disarm the target).

The professor kept turning to me with extremely difficult questions about why women can't tell that they are dating losers. Every time I tried to answer questions from a PUA community perspective the class discussion whirled around.

I was asked by the teacher at one point how I felt about the seduction community. I tried to explain that I wasn't interested in passing judgment on this group of men but that I am interested in collecting and presenting data for others to reference or pass judgment for themselves.

Everyone in the class seemed very interested and the students had a lot of questions for me. One of my class mates (the Exchange Guy) mentioned "the 3 second rule" and the guys all wanted to know what that meant. So I tried to explain that to them. The professor didn't get it, so I had to explain it further. "It's creepy when a guy circles around a woman lingering."

I kept getting questions about the actually techniques and not my project itself. And at one point I looked at my audience in the class and saw half of the guys in the room on the edge of their seats, just waiting for me to dispense the secrets of this seduction community.

I hope they weren't too disappointed that I didn't have much to teach them. However, I am sure more than one of them will seek out the community as a result of our discussion. One student mentioned The Game. I explained that I had read the book as part of my research already. The student, asking the question, hadn't read the book but read the reviews for it on amazon.

After class the two guys I usually work with decided to get lunch with me & another guy tagged along. Let's call the tag-along guy, the Russian Kid. We'll call my two friends: Film Buff & Exchange Guy.

Film Buff knew of the community before I told him I was interested in learning more. He says he knows a PUA but I have yet to meet him. The Exchange Guy is intrigued but knew nothing more about it other than what I've told him (which really isn't that much because I really don't know much at this point).

The whole time we are walking to the food court the Russian Kid is IOIing the hell out of me. He's DVHing. He's storytelling...all very poorly but he's doing it. And every time he does something remotely like anything I've learned, I point it out to him. "When you touch my hand like that, you're kino escalating." I pull away, he pulls away.

I realized that attraction, comfort, and seduction all happen naturally and that DVHs, kino, storytelling, IOIs, qualification all occur when two people like each other (especially when they like the other person sexually). The pickup artists in the community have just structured the sequence of events that normally take place and they have just found ways to do these things more effectively (and in less time it seems).

py Point being the Russian Kid (who is very outgoing personality) started a debate with the Film Buff about whether or not "Who lies more? Men or women?" was a good opener or not. He thought that it would be cleverer to ask "Do you like bunnies or elephants better?" I don't think he understand the point at all but Film Buff challenged him to see if "Who lies more?" would work and the Russian Kid got up from our table and sat down at the table next to us and opened a girl with "Who lies more? Men or women?"

Ha...I give him credit for having the balls to do a cold approach and he got a decent response from her considering he didn't really know what to do next. They spoke for probably several minutes and then he introduced the girl to all of us (she also happened to be eastern European). They probably talked for several more minutes and he got her contact info. He came back to the table and the Exchange Guy decided to go in and try to open a girl.

While the Exchange guy was making his way to a kiss close the Russian Kid bursts out "This shit is going to change my life......I am going to have babies." Hahahahahaha....it was classic. His response just reminded me that we as humans are hardwired with certain evolutionary responses and "spreading ones seed" is one of the responses and this kid felt the effects of evolution at that moment.

This incident also helped me understand why some of the guys (Gurus, instructors, masters, etc) put so much time and effort into helping other guys. There's something spectacular about seeing a guy get a glimpse at what is possible with women.

Now these guys want to go out and use me as social proof to practice. I am not sure that would be a good idea...I could possible be held responsible for unleashing unproperly trained guys on unsuspecting girls.

At this point, I don't think it is ideal for any guys to turn to me for pickup advice. It's like the blind leading the blind and I am the female equivalent of an Recovering Average Frustrating Chump/Chick (rAFC).

3 comments:

Matt said...

Ana Renee,

Great blog. It's always interesting to me to see a women's perspective on the seduction community. It's pretty cool how you used this as the topic of your class report. Let us know what grade you get on it:)

You should check out Dolly's blog. She has some really interesting posts of her experience s in discovering the seduction community.

Also, check out my blog too if you get a chance. Though, I'm not quite a PUA yet, still a rAFC like you:)

I'll be keeping an eye on your blog. Take care.

-Matt Savage

Ana Renee Jones said...

Matt,

I am fascinated by the seduction community but I think it's because I am idealistic and ideally, I think it's great when people find their dream partner.

I check out those blogs but now, I gotta actually get some work done.

Ana Renee

Vicious said...

I wonder why girls (like you) become interested in the PUA community in the first place? I'd imagine it begins by wanting to "defend" yourself from guys who study that sort of thing. But some women (Dolly D) seem to think it's a good thing.

I don't know what to think of the whole thing myself. At it's core, I think it has a lot to do with building men's self esteem, which is a good thing. But I find the behaviors it encourages too closely mirror the actions of sociopathic men. (Which, I'm told, many women find themselves attracted to).

Sociopaths are people that are somewhat (or perhaps totally) unattached from their emotions, and don't feel guilt about what they do. These kinds of men had to learn in early childhood how to fake emotional response to get what they wanted, and become experts at this. I'm not sure you can really, truly "train" lonely men to think like this, they can only emulate what has been read or shown in action. Whoever started the seduction community, was at least slightly sociopathic, who else would have taken the time to think this stuff up? But If I works in improving myself in even a minor way, why not? I can't say I haven't been doing my share of reading on it.

At any rate, as a woman, you have nothing to learn from the seduction community. I think women are born with special instincts, and besides, they hold all the cards anyway. I've never known a woman who had a problem finding a man. It's just a matter of leaving your house in the morning. Just my take.

(For more f*cked up theories from a total loser in life. Check out my blog!)