Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Literary Life: Typos And All

I never intended to be an English major. I don't regret that I am but it was never my intention to study literature. My public school eduction never prepared me for my Ivy league undergraduate education. I've never read or wrote some much in my entire life. Never. The irony of the situation lays within the limitation that stands in my way. I'd like to claim that limitation is my chronic pain caused by a repetative stress injury I sustained nearly 3 years ago at a work I took to help me get through junior college. The chronic pain is not the limitation; it's the effect of the limitation. The limitation is myself. I've come to believe my own belief systems and thinking patterns have manifested themselves into a physical hindrance.

I let this pain keep me from doing countless things even those I love and enjoy, reading and writing and loving and living. Not to mention sleeping. Good night, all.

No comments: