Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Approach Anxiety: What do I really want?

Has this ever happened to you?

You see a beautiful woman. Your heart races, your mind flutters, your breathing quickens and you have no control over what your body is doing? The pick-up artist say it's evolutionary and they call it approach anxiety. And I'd have to agree but how do you over ride millions of years of evolutionary impulses?

You ask yourself a few questions:

~ What do I really want for myself?
~ What do I really want for her?
~ What do I really want for the relationship?

And (arguably the most important question)

~ How would I behave if I really wanted these results?

Now, you're probably wondering how a few simple questions with simple answers can stop the physical onset of approach anxiety. Here's an excerpt from Crucial Conversations:

When we ask ourselves what we really want, we affect our entire physiology. As we introduce complex and abstract questions to our mind, the problem-solving part of our brain recognizes that we are now dealing with intricate social issues and not physical threats. When we present our brain with a demanding question, our body sends precious blood to parts of our brain that help us think, and away from the parts of our body that help us take flight or begin a fight...It juices up our brain in a way that helps us keep focused.


Makes sense right? The next time your blood boils, your breath breaks, and your mind muddies itself, ask yourself what you really want. The answers can be canned. You can make them up right now and start to think of them when you approach women. Just stop the blood from going to your legs and arms and redirect it back to your brain where you can actually recall routines and function as social being.


Example answers to "What do I really want for myself?"
"I want to meet interesting women", "I want to get laid tonight", "I want to find someone special to build something special with", "I want a life of debauchery".

Example answers to "What do I really want for her?"
"I want her to find me attractive", "I want her to live her fantasies (with me)", "I want her to know I am the prize", "I want her to get it just the way she likes it".

Example answers to "What do I really want for the relationship?"
"I want this to become a fuck buddy situation", "I want to have a long-term loving relationship", "I want to have one wild night with her", "I want a blow job in the bathroom"

Example answer to "How would I behave if I really wanted these results?"
LIKE A MAN, damnit. Now buckup and get in there. Attract her, build comfort with her and seduce the hell out of her.

No comments: