Sunday, July 22, 2007

Gulity Pleasures: iPod!

I love it!

I bought an iPod over a month ago and I am hooked. I think Steve Jobs and his crew deserve some kind of noble peace prize for inventing such a marvelous device. Before I bought the iPod, I had a couple hundred songs, nothing organized or even uploaded to my iTunes. Now, my hard drive is full. But that's because I found a way to scan and upload my books onto my iPod and because I discovered podcasts (another amazing invention, if you ask me).

My school provides a software program called Kurzweil. This software read written text and read it out loud. It also allows the student to take notes on the computer as it reads. It's a learning tool for students with disabilities. It also has a nifty feature that creates an audio mp3 file. So, now my books are on my iPod.

Since I'm not taking summer school, I put several recreational books on my iPod. I have read about 9 books in the last several weeks. Scratch that. My iPod has read about 9 books to me over the last few weeks. It has read to me:

~The Alchemist
~A Passion for Life
~The Einstein Factor
~The Secret
~The Tipping Point
~Writing to Change the World
~7 Habits of Highly Effective people
~Writing Great Essays
~Writing about Literature

Besides books, I've gone podcast crazy; my disk drive is full of so many different kinds of information. Meditation, self-help, and relationship stuff dominate my podcast queue. I'll start making podcast recommendations along with book reviews, as time allows.

I am a writing and I want to spend more time writing. Enjoy.

No comments: